How Much Weight (Ratti/Carat) should you wear?
What is Ratti of Gemstone?
Ratti is the unit for measuring the weight of Gemstone. Each Ratti equals to 180 mg. Ratti is widely used unit in India for measuring weight of astrological gemstones.
How much Ratti of Gemstone should be worn?
While choosing the Weight of Gemstone, one must take 4 major points into consideration.
- Body-Weight of the Wearer.
- Quality of the Gemstone you are taking.
- Stone should be big enough to make skin-contact while wearing.
- Stone should not hamper regular Lifestyle.
Therefore, one might conclude that weight range of 4-8 Carat is most widely worn. Any stone below 4 Carat is too small to make skin-contact. Any stone above 8 Carat might become too bulky to handle.
Tip: When Budget is a constraint, It is advisable to choose lesser Weight with higher Quality than to choose more weight and Lesser Quality.
What is the Concept of Savaa, Saadhe and Pauna Ratti?
To Understand the Concept, We will have to assume that each ratti is divided in 100 parts. The Number following the decimal decides- Sava, Sadhe or Pauna.
- The First 1/3rd portion, that is, from .01 to .35 is called ‘Sava’ or ‘Savaya’. For Example, 5.01,5.15,5.25 or 5.34 Ratti will be considered as Sava-Pannch Ratti.
- The ‘Sadhe’ unit ranges from .35 to .75. For Example, 7.36, 7.40, 7.57, 7.63 Ratti etc will be considered Sadhe-Saat ratti.
- Above 0.75 is Called ‘Pauna’. Example, 8.81, 7.95, 6.77 Ratti is called ‘Pauna’.
- Pauna is always avoided in case of Astrological Gemstones.
What is ‘Kachchi-Ratti’ and ‘Pakki-Ratti’ ?
In Northern Parts of India, like Punjab and Haryana, The Ratti is considered to be equal to 120 mg. Standard Ratti elsewhere in India equals to 180 mg.
Example: 5 Kacchi-Ratti = 3.33 Pakki-Ratti = 3 Carat
To Avoid the Confusion, it is advisable to understand weight in Carats.
What is the Difference between Carat and Ratti?
Carat and Ratti both are the units for measuring weight of the Gems. One Carat equals to 200mg. Carat is an internationally used weight unit.
How to Convert Carat into Ratti?
1 Carat = 1.11 Ratti
1 Ratti = 0.90 Carat
Suggested Weights of Astrological Gemstones in Ratti and Carats.
|Weight in Ratti||Weight in Carat|
|Savaa 4 Ratti||4.00 to 4.35 Ratti||3.60 to 3.92 Carat|
|Saadhe 4 Ratti||4.36 to 4.75 Ratti||3.92 to 4.28 Carat|
|Savaa 5 Ratti||5.00 to 5.35 Ratti||4.50 to 4.82 Carat|
|Saadhe 5 Ratti||5.36 to 5.75 Ratti||4.83 to 5.20 Carat|
|Savaa 6 Ratti||6.00 to 6.35 Ratti||5.40 to 5.72 Carat|
|Saadhe 6 Ratti||6.35 to 6.75 Ratti||5.72 to 6.10 Carat|
|Savaa 7 Ratti||7.00 to 7.35 Ratti||6.30 to 6.62 Carat|
|Saadhe 7 Ratti||7.35 to 7.75 Ratti||6.63 to 7.00 Carat|
|Savva 8 Ratti||8.00 to 8.35 Ratti||7.20 to 7.52 Carat|
|Saadhe 8 Ratti||8.35 to 8.75 Ratti||7.52 to 7.90 Carat|